Continuing on with the Olympus sashiko kit project from earlier this month, here are some updated pictures.
So far I have completed the sashiko portion of the project. I still have plenty of thread left over! Next I will hem the edges to give it a more finished look.
By following the pre-printed lines, my stitches came out nice and even with no overlapping.
Even the back looks clean. The stitches here are smaller and there are visible knots, but for the most part it looks quite good. Next time I’ll show how I finish the edges and complete the project.
My current stock of sashiko supplies is available in my Etsy shop, KimonoMomo.
Pardon my lack of blog project follow-through. My brother passed away this month and it’s been difficult to stay on task. If tragedies happen in threes, it would look like we are done (hopefully) for the time being. Yesterday was the first anniversary of my mother’s passing and it’s been several weeks since my father’s passing. Aside from nursing my kids through the flu, we seem to be doing alright.